Grab your free scripture journal today at www.prayingchristianwomen.com/journal!
This podcast is sponsored by Faithful Counseling. Visit www.faithfulcounseling.com/praying to receive 10% off your first month!
Today's coffee break episode deals with a listener question regarding how the Body of Christ can support people with mental health and addiction struggles. We do a deep-dive into some really hard questions like:
- what does it look like to give prayer and emotional support to someone struggling with mental health or addiction issues?
- is there a time when prayer isn't enough?
- does it mean that prayer doesn't work if someone continues to struggle with addiction or mental illness despite prayer and petition?
- how do you know when it's time to seek out counseling or medication?
- is it "unspiritual" to take medication for mental illness or addiction?
If you or someone you care about is in a crisis situation that needs immediate attention, here is some information that can help:
NAMI Crisis Text Line – Text NAMI to 741-741
Connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/praying-christian-women/support